The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, March 12, 2012

Laundry

I had a friend that was telling me that she wished she could just remember to put in a load of laundry while she worked on the rest of the house instead of waiting till everything else was clean before starting her laundry.  It hit me like a ton of bricks... that's what I do!  That's why it takes me for.ev.er to do my laundry sometimes  all the time.  I wait until the rest of the house is clean.  Which let's face it, is like NEVER!  Since I was 10 I've done my laundry in one day.  When it was just me, it was SO much easier to get it done in one day.  My mom gave each of us girls' a day to do our own.  If we didn't finish, we had to wait until the next week.  This way we learned to do our own, to make time for it, and to be mindful that the next day was for someone else.  This was my conditioning to get it all done in one day.  With 7 people, I rarely get it done in one day.  So, today I put in a load as soon as I got out of bed.  I got the kids ready, spring cleaned two bedrooms, vacuumed the front room and the hallway, and sanitized the bathroom.  Then it hit me, I never changed out that laundry.  Maybe this new trend will take some getting used to!

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny because I just started doing a new routine with my laundry too! I was used to putting a load in while I was doing other stuff, but I was still in the mindset of getting it ALL done in one day - which never happened! So now I wash, dry, fold and put away only two loads every day. Then I'm done until the next day. So far it's working pretty well! :)

    ReplyDelete