The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Shattered

I had some apples that were getting old, so I decided to make an apple crisp.  I peeled the apples, cut off the spoiled spots, sliced them, made the crisp, and baked the crisp-- it smelled delicious in our home!!!  Then this happened...
 Randy was putting holes into the topping to allow space for the moisture to boil out when the glass dish shattered.  He wasn't using a hammer, wasn't bashing anything, just piercing the apples, and BOOM!
 No deliciously tantalizing apple crisp for us...
I should have just thrown the apples in the trash and saved us the time, effort, ingredients, and excitement of savoring this warm treat with ice cream.  I'm super glad it didn't shatter the glass cooktop, and even more relieved it didn't harm Randy.  Well didn't harm more than his shattered heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment