Where has the time gone? This generous, gentle, spiritual, peacemaker, tenderhearted, brave, smart boy is a teenager! Oh, how I love him.
Shelby got him a spoon that says, "Cereal Killer. Weapon of Choice."
Tyson got him a DQ gift card, a game on his phone, Roebucks for a game they love, and a coupon book to do his chores for him. Such well-thought-out gifts!He asked for a Newton's Cradle, and I just thought it was cute that they all pitched in to help him set it up.
Family birthday lunch, covid-style. He wanted to go to Denny's, but they had a 45-minute wait since this is the first weekend they're allowing indoor seating at restaurants. So he chose to go to Sonic for his favorite: corn dog.He wanted to try somewhere new for dinner, so we went to Woo's Teryaki, one of our local favorites.My timid Brennon even tried sushi!!! He contemplated as he chewed. His verdict: He didn't gag on it, but he didn't love it either. I'm just super surprised he wanted to! I'm so proud of him. He doesn't like cake, most cookies, many candies, or pie, but he'll try sushi and loves cow stomach. Go figure.Brennon, we love you to bits. You laugh, your seriousness, your excitement for things, your bravery when you're scared out of your mind but try it anyway, your perseverance to keep at it when you want to stop, everything. You are my B-boy, and I love you!


No comments:
Post a Comment