One of our renters vacated early after buying a house. Because they broke their contract early, we had the choice of whether to hire a cleaner/handyman to come in and get the house ready, or do it ourselves and earn the money. Because it is Labor Day weekend, we decided to make it a true Labor. Day. Weekend and do the work ourselves. And let me just say, I have a new-found love and respect for cleaning ladies that willingly go into all sorts of homes to clean.
On the surface, the home didn't look too bad, especially having clear memories of the first time we walked into that home after buying it from the Auction. But when you start wiping walls and realize that there are boogers on the walls not only in the room where stickers of little kittens were plastered all over the window but in the Master Bedroom (both sides of the bed) as well, I now understand why they charge what they charge...
Randy said he wasn't sure we could charge for all of the man hours, as they are really adding up. He said we would track them and see what we can actually charge. I told him to show Alan, our property manager, a picture of booger walls in the Master because I knew he'd understand all that we really had to do to get that house back to renting standards! I want to be an example of good to my kids, but I do not believe that includes the art of booger art at bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment