The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, September 14, 2012

No Kids!!!

Kimberly has Jonathon in a Preschool on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, so I thought I'd get Ty into it as well.  I dropped him off for his first class yesterday!  It was so nice getting into the car and listening to my favorite music, silence!  No kids' movies playing in the background.  I went to Kimberly's and talked for a whole two hours without having to check on the kids to see how they were doing.  It was heaven.  Then I went to pick up Brennon from his preschool.  I was talking to his teachers, telling them how fun it was to have no kids, and generally being giddy about the whole scenario.  I got Brennon and another little girl ready to leave.  In this time, my mind forgot that I didn't have Tyson, so when I didn't see him in the class I automatically thought he'd gone outside.  I hurried Brennon and Sara out of the room and started briskly walking to make sure Ty wasn't running down the hill into the street.  When I couldn't see him there, I started frantically calling his name and picked up my pace to a run.  Then my mind remembered!  And I felt like a dork!  The teachers were laughing at me.  Mostly because just ONE MINUTE before I was jumping up and down telling them how excited I was to have him in preschool!  All I can say is that the whole situation is surreal to me even now.  For two days a week, I don't have any kids at home.  What to do with myself?  ANYTHING I want:)

1 comment:

  1. I am finally getting on! I'm so excited you don't have kids if only for a small moment! I only have 2 months left of alone time, I'm loving it!!

    ReplyDelete