The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Play you for it!

We had a Relief Society Super Tuesday activity. It was a blast! Lots of food, paint, string, and talking. My kind of activity. 

We were kind of joking around at my table and said, "Rock, Paper, Scissors for it?!" A woman that I find to be a gorgeous, intelligent, spiritual woman in her glorious Great Grandmother years stopped us and said "What is Rock, Paper, Scissors?" The rest of us looked at each other and just laughed. Who doesn't know Rock, Paper, Scissors?! And at her advanced youth? Yet, her gaze stayed unwavering on me, expectation plain on her face. I held my tongue from actually saying, "Oh, wait! You're serious!!" 

And so began the 34-year old Rock, Paper, Scissors Master (I can call myself that, now) teaching a woman that I would have expected played only that game as a young child. I am stunned. Never judge a person by the games they don't know. That's what I always say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment