The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Lunch time

Tyson LOVES making his lunch for school. When he first went in to Kindergarten, he was super excited for school lunch. After the first two days, he proclaimed that he only wanted to bring his own from now on. He has not missed a day. 

Many mornings he has his lunch ready before I even come downstairs. He wakes up, goes to the bathroom, and heads straight to the fridge for his frozen lunch bag. I'm not sure why, exactly, but one morning I asked him what he was taking. I have baskets labeled with all that they need to take, giving options in each category: Main, fruit, snack, drink. (I would send more, but they barely have time to eat, it seems, with all the food they bring home each day) On this day, he had a packet of Ritz crackers and a drink. Um....no. 

"But Mom, yesterday I only had a drink and string cheese and I wasn't even hungry!"

Exaggerated silence, long stare. 

I have been grilling him on his lunch choices ever since. 

This morning, first thing: "Mom, don't judge me! I got this, and this, and this in my lunch box!"

Don't judge?!?! He kills me:)

1 comment: