I called the dentist to cancel the wiggle appointment for Brennon, since he basically thought that tooth out! I had to leave a message, so when the dentist's office called back about half and hour later, and because I was busy, I didn't worry too much about answering. I thought they were just letting me know that they had gotten the appointment and cancelled it. Later that day, I listened to the message, kicking myself for not answering right away-- it was the dentist.
"I talked with another dentist in the office, as well as the orthodontist. We all believe that the most conservative option for Brennon's tooth is to have the baby tooth above the {insert lengthy, hard to say and sound out word that only a dentist would know here} tooth extracted, in hopes that the open space for the {the word again} tooth to come up will induce the body to correct the mistake. If that does not work, he'll need to have surgery within a year."
And just like that, Brennon will have five teeth extracted in four and a half months: four incisors December 2017, and this new one. The office staff had not cancelled the appointment since the dentist had left a message for them to let him know when I called back, so he could talk with me in person. So, instead of the wiggle of a loose tooth on May 9th, Brennon now gets to have a tooth that is years away from becoming loose ripped from his jaw; years later than other children, because of his slower tooth growth rate. All this work simply for teeth to come in, not to mention the rest of the orthodontia -including jaw expansion- needed to fix the permanent teeth, jaw, and smile.
Keilie better be grateful for her perfect teeth. Again, a dentist actually asked when she got her braces off! Two dentist have now asked that very same question. Blessed with perfect teeth and a beautiful face and countenance. She is coming together nicely! I am equal parts relieved and jealous.
No comments:
Post a Comment