The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Remember

Two things I want to remember:

**Ashlee told me the other day that Aria still carries around one of Caden's funeral programs.  She told me that when Aria makes her bed, she places the program between her mattress and pillow, with Caden's smiling face looking out at her.
**While headed to our pool this week, Aria called out, "Hi, Caden," as we passed the cemetery.  No one told her that's what we were passing, no one told her we would pass it, she just knew that's where Caden is buried.  It has been 9 months tomorrow-- a very long time span for a child.  And she is only four.  How did she remember that?  How did she recognize that drive after going to it one or two times since he was buried?

I was only five years old when my sister Keilie died.  While I remember things about her, I don't really remember much, most of my memories of her actual appearance from photographs.  I would love it if Aria remembered him in more detail for the rest of her life.  My goodness, they shared a special bond!

No comments:

Post a Comment