The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Africa

You may think that my kids hate everything that I make for dinner, because I comment often about their complaints, but they like a majority of my meals.  However, this is a funny post about a complaint.

Keilie didn't want to eat the vegetables in her meal, picking through the saucy noodles like they were landmines on the beaches of Guernsey (If you haven't read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society yet, DO!), when Randy started up his protests about complaining about food.  You know the parental speech.

Keilie, petulantly, huffy, and under her breath said, "I'd gladly ship this off to Africa!"

Tension effectively diffused with laughter.

She didn't eat her vegetables... and went to bed early.  Memories of when she said, at like two and a half years old, "That's ok, I like to starve" played in my mind as I laughed once again at her newest stubborn, defiant retort.

No comments:

Post a Comment