I'm not sure if Randy was afraid to hope or if he was truly not able to see how much he'd slimmed down, but when I told him he wasn't a Large (let alone the X-Large he started out in) any longer, he didn't believe me. So when I found one of Caden's shirts in Keilie's laundry, I sneaked it into Randy's closet. And just like that, Randy is a Medium.
Just like the last two Septembers, my mind and heart go out to Caden more than usual. I still think of him multiple times a day, still tell him in my mind, heart, and out loud that I love him, but September and its countdown always have him in the forefront of my mind. It feels like I actually remember more of the horrors in September, whereas the rest of the months are more of the happy memories, and they always seem to pop into my mind whenever I am not focused on something else, which really, really hurts in its shock factor. Seeing Randy in his shirt was so, so special. It made Caden feel closer. I miss him so much.
*Randy has been able to maintain his goal weight for the last few months, even after adding in ice cream. His last six workouts have all been a distance of 10 miles. He's doing amazing!! I'm am seriously proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment