Randy and I ran into a friend at Orange Theory that I hadn't seen for probably 4 or 5 years. He'd seen her a few days prior, so he opened communication with her by asking if she remembered me.
"You know, it's funny. Not only do I remember you, I actually think about you once a week!"
I was shocked! I'm sure my face showed it.
"I work in a spa. At least once a week, I hear a song that you played at a talent show a few years ago, and it always makes me think of you."
If I was shocked before, it was nothing to what I felt then. I'd played Christoffori's Dream by David Lanz all the way back in 2018. I'd been struggling with grief but decided to give myself a challenge, and I ended up being proud of myself for even showing up that night, let alone playing my song. To hear that someone remembered that night, remembered me once a week because of it, just humbled me.
I want to be remembered for good things; this exchange and her willingness to share that with me made me feel amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment