The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hood Park

Saturday morning, Randy and I went to the Temple.  It was wonderful.  I think I found an easier way to kneel for extended periods of time without passing out.  I was able to do many names without even feeling faint.  This was my first time not passing out!  It was an amazing feeling!  We came home, packed up, and headed back to the river.  This time, we tried a place closer to home on the Snake River called Hood Park.  It was amazing.  We got the most coveted spot.  It was a table that had constant shade right next to the water.  It was perfect.
Of course, Brennon took a long time to convince to get in.  Entertaining ourselves on the beach.

 You can see Caden and Keilie far in the top left-hand corner, Ty a little closer in the mid-right, and Shelby on the tube.  They got in the second they had their spray on.  I don't know how they can totally disregard the coldness as fast as they do!  It took me a while to get all the way in, including some almost-hyperventilating huffy breaths.
 These two were so much fun to watch.  Love Tyson's face!
 Then we pulled out the big guns.  We bought this on clearance one year in Casper to maybe float the North Platte.  We never did.  This was the maiden voyage.  It was the only thing that got Brennon out on the water!
 Love my beautiful girls!

 Proof that I got out in the water.  I need one with me completely in the water!  At one point, we had Randy, Shelby, Brennon, and Tyson on the raft while I swam next to it pushing them out to the buoy.  It was fun!
 Proof that Randy got in.  He never made it past his waist.  Wimp!
 Brennon wanted on the raft, but didn't want to go out too far.  I laid down to anchor the raft to the shore.  Tyson would run from the beach, jump over the seat back face first and then the boys would LAUGH!  He did it over and over, each time getting the giggle I love most from Brennon.  It was so much fun to watch.

 At one point, the boys laid down in the surf.  It only took Brennon 3 hours to finally consent to getting wet.
 It wasn't sandy at all, but that didn't stop the kids from burying my legs.
 And then begging me to bury theirs.
 FINALLY, Brennon got up enough courage to let Randy take him out on the raft.  He even allowed him to let go of the handles and spin him in the water.  It was fun to hear his laugh from the shore.
 I had to take a picture of his little nose.  On Independence Day he was playing with our neighbors, having a good time, when tragedy struck.  He ended up falling off of one of their skateboards directly onto his face/nose.  It was pretty purple that day and then turned into a scraped up mess.  He commented days later that his forehead still has a bruise.  Poor little guy.  Doesn't distract from his radiant smile, though!
When asking if we should come back to this park, we got all thumbs-up responses.  It was so much fun to spend four hours as a family on the water.  We absolutely love living here.  There is so much to do and explore.  Next week we have plans to go out to another place we heard about over the weekend.  Again, on the water.  There is so much to do!!!  I love Tri-Cities Washington!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment