Each and every time I brush this girls' hair there are tears. Each time we go somewhere, she knows I'm going to do her hair, to which her request is, "Please don't brush my hair!" It was a scream-fest each time. Not just her, either! It was getting out of control. So when she asked to cut her hair, I knew I wanted to donate it instead of taking off a few inches. I pulled up the Locks of Love website to show her what she could do with her hair. At first she was all for giving it to someone that needed it. After she saw the pictures of girls that were bald and then with wigs, she changed her mind saying "I don't want daddy to freak out!" A few days later she asked again if she could get a haircut. She said, "Mom, will I have to take my wig off?" I was so confused!! She said, "At night? Will I have to take my wig off to sleep?" Then it dawned on me, she thought she was going to be the bald little girl getting the wig. She thought I was suggesting that she cut off all of her hair to give and then she'd be the one getting a wig. So, I talked to her again about what she'd do and told her to let me know if that was something she wanted to do. Today she asked if I'd make an appointment. So I did!
She was bawling her eyes out while I washed it, picked through it out, dried it, and then brushed it again. I made her smile after each:)
So long and beautiful!!
Down to her waist!! And so golden!!
Sitting in the Barbie Jeep, ready to go!!
Look at how fun this place is. Monkey Dooz in Richland is a Party Place that cuts hair, does nails, and hosts parties. It's perfect for kids! Each station had a screen for them to watch a movie!!
Her hair dresser decided to do two ponytails so that we could keep the hair longer in the front. I was all for keeping it longer than the "pixie" she had to have when Keilie chopped her hair HERE! Or when I had to shave it HERE!
The first cut!! She was too engrossed in her show to even care what was going on! I was more affected than she was!
Doesn't she have the cutest face?!
I forgot to actually measure these bad-boys, but you have to have at least 10 inches tip to tip. From where I measured the other day, these are right about at 10 inches.
Love the stacked look in the back! And that face of concentration watching her show:)
All done! Ta-da!! Love this little girls' decision to give it to someone that really needs it!! When we went to pay, the girl said they always do FREE haircuts for Locks of Love. I only had to pay for her tip and send it off.
Missing her Golden Curtain of hair, but still such a cute little girl!! It will grow back- it only took 3 years to go from practically bald (click link to see more pictures) to her waist/lower back. And...she has 18 1/2 months to grow it long for her BAPTISM!!! I'm guessing it will be to the mid/bottom of her shoulder blades with how fast her hair grows!! Good thing we'll have a perfect reference. And that this haircut wasn't as traumatizing as her last one!
I sure love this little sweetie!!


Her hair is SO CUTE! I would have cried watching it get cut, but the short look is adorable on her!
ReplyDelete