The morning after her haircut, Shelby was seen carrying around a brush the whole day and preening herself in the reflective piano. I asked her if she still liked her choice, to which she said in an exasperated voice, "MOM, there are no snarls! I can brush my hair by myself now!!" All of this was said while bouncing up and down, clapping, and giggling. I was so happy. While talking to my friend Jamie about it, she commented that she had longer hair than Shelby when she was in third grade and got a huge cut. She said it wasn't a big deal to her then, either. It might be because Shelby hasn't waited for her hair to grow long. She just went from a nearly-bald 3 year old to a Rapunzel 6 year old. No waiting, just living. All I know is that we both love that we don't cry each day because of her hair!
No comments:
Post a Comment