The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Bank

As a reward for my kids cleaning the house yesterday, I purchased a large bag of Riddles Skittles and gave them each 1/4 cup in a small bowl.  They sat down at the table and "played" with their candies as they ate them.  It was fun just watching them use their imaginations'.  Keilie asked each sibling if there was a color they didn't like, and if so, she would kindly take it off their hands- she's generous like that.  They all declined.  Then, in a stroke of genius said, "Who wants to play bank?"  This was said in such a tone that they babes could not resist.  She herded them over to the front room, while I stayed at the table to silently listen to her brilliant idea.

"Who wants this pink one?"
(All of them) "ME!"
"OK, that will be ten Skittles."
And they would pay!

She knew the colors that were their favorite and offer it to them for a CRAZY high price.  I let it go on for a few minutes then made her give each of their "transactions" back.  At one point, Tyson was upset thinking he'd been ripped off.  She gave him back his five Skittles and began walking away.  He felt jipped and started to cry.  She said, "Tyson, I gave you your five Skittle back!" to which he replied, "Yeah, but I only gave your four!"  She immediately said, "Well, then give me one back, then."  This affirmed to me that she can do quick math when it benefits/interests her.  Who needs to read and understand story problems about a boy named Gabe who has five apples?  That's not real life.  But, if it's Keilie, she can do the math in a millisecond!

2 comments:

  1. Um, I just have to say that idea was GENIUS! When I read Keilie ask "Who wants to play bank?" I couldn't figure out how that was going to help her get Skittles. Ha ha ha. Stinkin' smart - even if she eventually had to give them back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love that picture of you and her. I haven't seen hardly any of before we met. So cute!

    ReplyDelete