The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, June 15, 2015

Highlight

Every once in a while I get the opportunity to surprise my kids by giving them something that they want, but never figured they'd get. Today was one of those days

Keilie made the off-hand comment that she wanted streaks in her hair. Knowing the desires of a pre-teen girl, I immediately got her into the car to purchase supplies. The look of surprise in her face was the best. While out, Keilie asked if we could grab a treat that she had asked for a few days ago. Yep!!

We got home and got to work. 
I knew what was coming. Many, many pricks in the head with a metal hook. Not my favorite, and not Keilie's favorite. She was a sweaty mess by the time I was finished. I remember that stress. However, it was all worth it in the end. 
It turned out adorable, if I do say so meself. Pain is beauty, and all that madness. 
Her radiance is the highlight of my day. 

*cough* I couldn't help myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment