The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Reindeer Games

 Our week has been full of fun and games!

Ticket to Ride


  

Shy cuties that don't want their mommy taking pictures of them through the 'bushes' like a creeper.

Tenzi




We had a few winners.  If I wasn't playing at the time, I was able to capture some of their winnings.




Caden and Shelby won too, but it was always when I was actually playing.  But, in all honesty, Keilie and Brennon won the most.  Tyson's hands were just a little too slow and a little too small to grasp all ten dice, and Caden and Shelby just weren't high rollers, I guess.  
I'm not sure what this was called, but we borrowed it from Jamie.  It may look easy, but it has difficulty levels that had the kids working for hours.  It was quite fun.

Randy, Keilie, and Caden played Settlers Across America, but I didn't get pictures of that game.  
(I was getting a massage!)

Blokus

 Notice Randy's left hand.  This is his signature listen-to-me-I-know-what-I'm-talking-about-so-let-me-teach-you gesture.  He does this all the time when he is talking or selling something.  
Classic Randy.



Tyson wanted to play Randy and surprised us all.  He is a good little strategist.  You could hear the surprise in Randy's voice every time he complimented Ty.  Fun to hear.

Upwords
  These are the types of games I feel most impressive and secure.  I rock word games.
Oh, and 'work it Shelby!'  Look at that pose!

Bop-It
Oh, and if I thought I was good at word games, I just found out I am even better at Bop-It.  I have a weird way of holding it, and yes, it is easier for me to concentrate with my eyes closed, but boy did I rock that game.  Randy held the high score for a solid 6 hours, at 46.  I lie down for a serious try? 
NINETY TWO!!  BAM- WHAT?!

We also played quite a few games of Pass the Pigs.  I didn't get any pictures of that one, cause let's be honest, that game is addicting.  I couldn't put the pigs down long enough to reach for the camera. 

I has been fun to stay home (inside, safe from the wind) and just play games.  The kids watched TV until we came downstairs (remember they wake before the sun, most mornings).   As soon as we hit the landing, they were screaming, "Hi, Mom! What are we playing?" and the TV was turned off for the entire day, both days.  It was an absolute blast!  The perfect way to bring in our Christmas Spirit.

Merry Christmas!!

Now... Pass the Pigs, anyone?!  
Oh, and good luck beating my Bop-It, Kiddies!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I want to watch you play Bop-it. I have no idea how you can do it with your eyes closed. And I LOVE Pass the Pigs. I haven't played that game since high school!

    ReplyDelete