The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, September 12, 2016

Pop

Each day has gotten better and better for my back.  When I woke this morning (after a heinous dream where I had to drop Ashlee off at jail -not sure what she actually did to earn this conviction- for 14 years, with the promise to visit her every week) I was certain that if the chiropractor could just pop my back in this one spot, it would go from radiating, constant pain, to better,  just.like.that.  I'm happy to say that I walked into that office with my head held semi-high, only partially bent at the hips like Quasimodo.

I had already mentally prepared myself to suffer any infliction he could dish out so that my back could feel better, thus getting off of the stupid couch.  After the first push on my lower back, I knew it was going to be quite painful.  During one such push, I felt the most glorious sensation in the world.  {Pop, Pop, Pop}  It was so loud in my head, I was certain that Randy could hear it from his seat.  He couldn't, but it was that loud in my head.

As he raised the table from horizontal to vertical, I actually cried because it did NOT hurt.  He's seen me cry every single visit- the first visit being racking, pitiful sobs.  I have never walked out of that office without hanging my head to hide the tears and embarrassment due to the sounds I had made.  It has not been pretty.

Since the visit, now 7 hours passed, I have had only minimal pain.  I can still feel twinges and radiation every once in a while, but I have been able to be upright for more than ten minutes for the first time since last Tuesday night.  I became quite animated and excited that I could finally walk.  It's such a wonderful blessing.  I'm not 100% yet.  I have not been cleared for any type of work yet, in fact, he told me that I cannot do any sort of dishes, laundry, or vacuuming for a while, but that sadness is now overshadowed by my glee at being able to sit and stand and lay without pain. 

It's such a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment