The Bishop asked the members to stay after the prayer, to sing goodbye to a member that was moving with her two sons to the mainland. After the prayer, the congregation stood in unison as the pianist started to play. Many did not need the words they had glued to the back cover of the hymn books, and as it turns out, neither did I. As the woman tearfully walked to the front and grabbed her sons that were still sitting on the stand, the ward started to sing the Hawaiian Farewell song, and I lost it for the second time in one hour. The spirit in that room was breathtaking, and tender, and beautiful. As I looked around, choking back sobs because of the feeling, I saw many crying openly as they said goodbye to their friend and Sister. It was beautiful to witness so much love and caring displayed in such a tender way. Mine were not the only tears, but they were the only ones shed because of the love shown, instead of actual love for this Sister and her sons. As everyone else decided whether to stay for the other two hours, or continue our Hawaiian vacation, I watched as friends surrounded this woman, covering her with multiple leis and floral crowns and hugs and kisses. She was overcome with love and tearful sorrow, I was overcome with gratitude to witness the beautiful display. My heart was so full realizing that we've had our own moments where love and kindness were beautifully displayed, moments where those that witnessed its glorious beauty could not hold back the tears. Compassion is glorious to behold.
The kids were not interested in staying for the remainder of church. And, since we were on a limited-time vacation, we decided to head back to the beach to relax. This time, we took sand castle stuff as well as the snorkeling gear and body boards.
You can see Keilie in the picture above. I'm telling you, she spent more time than all of us combined with her face in the water. She found turtles, fish, sea cucumbers, crab, and starfish. For a girl that is always looking at the ground, snorkeling is just the thing for her.
And, because Sunday is usually a day of absolute rest, I'll post a few pictures of nature that I captured throughout our week in paradise.
I'm not sure what these trees are called, but they looked SO fake. We called them the Plastic Trees. We all decided that they looked more like Lego trees than real ones. It is hard to really see it in the picture, but they looked completely fake in the real.
We love these "Serengeti" trees! Our favorite tress on the whole island.
(In the BATHROOM of the Polynesian Cultural Center!)
I have about a million more tree, mountain, and ocean pictures, but most of them will be added to the other days. These are just the vegetation ones that I found stunning. Randy laughed and joked with the kids, "Hey, guys, there's another shade of pink flowers. Let's wait over here while mom gets a picture." Psh, please, it's not like they had to wait that long! I swear, I could spend an entire week simply capturing pictures of flowers and I still would not be able to capture all of the beauty of that one island. There is SO MUCH BEAUTY ALL AROUND!!! Each drive gave us more and more to look at. 60 MPH was the fastest speed we saw on the island, but I almost wish it could have been 40. Sometimes it felt like we were speeding too fast to really see what was around us. One day, I'll take as many pictures as I would like!
As we lay down that night, words from the opening song came to my mind, causing silent tears to fall into my hair.
Because I have been given much, I too must give; because of thy great bounty, Lord, each day I live. I shall divide my gifts from thee, with every brother that I see who has the need of help from me.
Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care, I cannot see another's lack and I not share. My glowing fire, my loaf of bread, my roof's safe shelter overhead, that he too may be comforted.
Because I have been blessed by thy great love, dear Lord, I'll share that love again, according to they word. I shall give love to those in need; I'll show that love by word and deed: Thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.
Thank you so much, Sherry and Ryan, for the charity you freely gave so that we could have our week in Paradise. Your home is a beautiful safe haven for which we are supremely grateful.



















❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDelete