The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, November 5, 2018

Math

I have so much to catch up on from this weekend, blogging being one that is not as pressing, so I will just write something small that just happened and get back to my cleaning, unpacking, laundry...

Tyson was sent home a homework booklet as an extra math supplement. *Side note: I love it when teachers do this!!*  He was so excited to get this booklet!  He had the same reaction a few years ago when we got him a book of mazes and similar puzzles.  Honestly, how many kids gets excited to be given extra math books and actually cannot wait to fill them?  Tyson, that's who.  He, himself, said, "Mom, I think I'll do a sheet of this and Xtra Math every morning." The boy was giddy, I kid you not.

After all other morning chores were complete, Tyson just looked at the clock and said, "I have a little time.  I guess I'll just do another page in my math book."  I could only stare at his back.  He's already spent at least 20 minutes on math (he even rechecked his work, wanting to get them all right even though no one is going to grade him on it!), as well as 60 minutes reading this morning, in addition to making his bed, eating breakfast and brushing his teeth, making his lunch, and packing his backpack.  *Another side note: Remember that my kids wake up at Satan's Hour.  They always have hours before school.*  Other kids may want to just veg for a bit, but Tyson wanted to do 4th grade math.

Destination Imagination meetings begin on Friday.  We, and I do mean "we," are super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment