We arrived in time for dinner, which we got to eat inside Red Robin. We had to wear our mask to enter, exit, and any time we were away from our table. Without our masks, while ordering and eating, it felt almost normal. We watched a couple episodes of Impractical Jokers and got to bed early for our shopping excursion.
We arrived by 9:20am for the 10:00am opening. Good thing too, since there was a line wrapped around three sides by the time it opened. It was much longer than it seemed since we all had to stand 6' apart, but it was still a line simply to enter the store.
Loading this stuff, first onto the carts inside and then into her truck, was truly difficult. Not because it weight nearly 1,000 pounds, but because we had to wear masks. I was a sweat-ball mess when we were done. And let me just say, I am the worst when it comes to pushing those carts with their caster wheels that send the cart in the exact opposite way I wanted, and nearly had me slamming into people and aisles and displays! I wasn't too sad about the mask when it hid most of my face in shame.
An entire truck bed full of boxes, two of which were mine. It's even strapped down!! We're pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Cameron was blown away that we didn't listen to music at all. Six hours was barely enough time to talk about all that we've bottled up during this quarantine! I am so glad we had time away from our kids, so we could talk about anything and everything as we took time for ourselves doing what we both love to do-- making our homes comfortable and beautiful for those we love most.
No comments:
Post a Comment