Everly and Aria love playing Spa. Aria asked if she could paint my nails (it has been four months since I've nibbled on my nails. I am so proud of myself!), and Everly asked if she could do my hair at the same time while she waited to paint my toe nails.
This is the life!It didn't take long for things to get a little out of hand with Everly. She'd almost go into a trance for a second and forget that she was painting toes, not canvas.I had to tell her no multiple times, tell her to stay on the nails, then I threatened, then I had to get forceful and tell her to stop. With lightning-quick reflexes, she dipped the brush one more time and whipped it over to get one more swipe. The forceful tone was not enough, it took me actually grabbing it from her cute little hands. The stinker.Grabbing a paper towel, "Aunt Steph, you're not supposed to have paint on your skin," she begins wiping with fervor. I had to giggle. Aria hadn't been paying attention to her painting, so when she saw my toes, she gasped. "Aunt Steph! You need to get in the bath to get that off your skin!" Apparently, you're not supposed to have polish on the skin. Who knew?Everly also taught me that these are not squirrels, but "Mip-chunks." I learned a whole lot while I was with them this weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment