The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

7th-circle game

 While browsing the games section in anticipation of family arriving for Spring Break/General Conference, I noticed a game that we will never own in our home.

During a particularly difficult time after Caden passed away, Randy and I played this game.  Let's just say, Randy did something that was totally against the rules and argued with me pretty heatedly about it.  I was so mad, I packed up the game before a winner could be announced and literally drove it back to Jamie's house right then.  I was so mad, in fact, that I was literally thinking and praying on the way home, "Heavenly Father, please don't let my anger end in divorce."  I can laugh about it now, me being so mad over a game that I literally thought my anger would lead me down a scary path, but it was real.  Emotions and thoughts are dark and ugly sometimes when you are drowning in grief.

As I walked down the aisle, I literally felt myself shy away from this game.  Get thee hence, Satan!!  My eye was drawn to the price reduction.  $29.99 to $10.00.  I thought, "You couldn't pay me to take that game!!"  Then my eyes registered what I was seeing!!!  That white price tag is from another store: Craft Warehouse!!!  What the heck is Walmart doing selling a game from another store?!  Just one more reason I wouldn't buy that game!  As if I needed another reason:)

p.s.  I wonder if I need therapy for my competitive game nature?  I know I am ridiculous, as I have swept games off the table in rage and literally wondered if a game would lead to divorce, but my feelings are real.  Granted, I was out-of-my-mind with grief, but is that a strong enough excuse for my thoughts?  If I ever have thoughts such as these again, I'll sweep the game or drive it back to its true owner and call a psychologist directly after, I promise.  Please continue to be my friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment