We got a message from our neighbor on Jason Loop that we had a sprinkler issue at 2701 and our renter was out of town. Randy called the HOA President, since sprinkler stuff was paid for by our HOA, and we moved on with our lives.
A few days had passed, so Randy asked if we should stop by to just check on things. We hadn't pulled up yet before we noticed that something was seriously wrong with the garage door. My stomach dropped when Randy came back and said, "It looks like it could be a break-in."
He immediately called our manager. "It was your renter. He let me know it happened last night. I'm driving, so I'll call you back on Monday." Good to know it wasn't a break-in.We lived in this house with little kids, then added a dog, then had another family move in for a few weeks and this house NEVER experienced the kind of trauma it's had these last three years with only adults living in it. The first guy beat the walls in with a bat, let his dogs (that we never sanctioned) pee all over the carpets and on the baseboards, and ruined our tiny backyard by building a firepit directly in the center of the grass (again, not sanctioned). We had to pay thousands of dollars to get it back to rentable condition.
Enter this guy. Single. Works out-of-town often. Ruins our garage door in a way that will need to be fully replaced.
This house was our safe haven when we'd come home from cancer care. It means so much to me. It literally breaks my heart and makes me sick that it's been abused. I actually feel as if we need to move back into it to give it some tender loving. I love this house so much.
That's so sad. I know that place means so much to you. How hard is it for someone else to treat it decently?
ReplyDelete