The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, May 21, 2021

Eye to Eye

 When Shelby puts her mind toward something, she doesn't waver.  In fact, we have often had to tell her that she shouldn't sound so "knowledgable" when she's totally just guessing.  When she mispronounces a word and I correct her, "That's just how I say it.  I don't care if people think I am ignorant."  Those words have passed her lips.  So it shouldn't come as a surprise, the conversation we had today at the optometrist.

"I need to remember that you're farsighted."

"No, I'm nearsighted."

"Shelby, the doctor just told us that you're farsighted!"

"My teacher told me I was nearsighted."

Flabbergasted: "Shelby, are you telling me that you trust your teacher more than the specially-trained eye doctor we just saw?"

Defiantly: "When I told her (her teacher) the times I can see fine and the times things are blurry, she told me I was nearsighted."

She got this look on her face that I have seen many times, the "I am not going to budge" face.

Seconds later, she chooses the second pair of frames she's tried on while standing in front of hundreds.  This girl knows what she wants, knows what she knows, and is happy with her choices.  Love her, even if we don't see... eye-to-eyeSee what I did there?! (cough and a cheeky grin) I couldn't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment