I SERIOUSLY love Jamie's sewing school. I LOVE sewing, and I feel so confident doing the projects that she puts out because I took her beginner class right alongside my kids. She is such a good teacher and shows you how to do things in a way that you know you can do. And her projects are so, so cute.
I'm Primary Activities leader along with Jill Gibb. After making the crossover messenger bags with my girls, I knew I wanted my "other" girls to make them also. One activity was spent taking the girls to the fabric store to choose their fabric. SO fun watching their excitement. I got the fabric all cut so that we'd be able to finish their bag in the time allotted. They had never sewn before, but Jamie made them all feel like pros with this project.
I am the luckiest girl in the world being these girls' leader. Jill made a bag for her little Camilla. When she got home, her little Easton (my Nursery child that gave me a gift at Christmas) was so jealous, she went back to Jamie's to make one for him. He came to my door with his on, selling me our eggs. You can't get cuter!
The girls all commented that they wanted to do more sewing projects. Scrunchies were mentioned, so I think we'll do those and include a white one that they can wear to the Temple since these girls will go to YW in January. I sure love Ali, Eden, and Evelyn! They are GREAT girls.

No comments:
Post a Comment