I decided to do a "first day of school" picture tonight for two reasons. 1) The sun comes up on the front of our house and I didn't want them to squint into the sun, and 2) Shelby will be waking up much earlier than the boys. So we cheated tonight and did a photo shoot.
I feel like I am at the beginning of the end. My last three babes, my "three in three years," are all at big milestones this year. Shelby: first year of High School, Brennon: his last year of Middle School, and Tyson: his first year of Middle School. I just cannot believe how fast time is flying by.Shelby will go to Freshman Day tomorrow, a day where all Freshman come to go to their classes for a few minutes to meet their teachers, get tours of the campus, have assemblies to tell them more about what to expect, and just get a feel for the place before the upper-classmen come for the first official day of 2021-2022 on Tuesday.
Brennon and Tyson decided before the end of last year that they wanted to continue at K12. I am thrilled. Brennon did tell me, though, that this will be his last year doing school at home. He, like Shelby, wants to attend High School in person. Tyson has made mention that he wants to go through K12 in High School. We'll see after these next three years of Middle School. Either way, I am truly excited to have my boys home with me for one more year.
After the kids' photoshoot, we went out back to play some Badminton. My calves were on fire, so I couldn't play well, but that didn't exempt me from having a great time. What started as a picture of me with my Mira as spectators ended with a photoshoot of my Mira.
This girl brings us so much joy. We ended our night with "adoration hour" as we looked at her pictures. Like my kids, I may be a bit biased, but I think she is the most beautiful creature.
Here's to a great school year!





No comments:
Post a Comment