The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Better w/ Friends

 Tyson had his first cross country meet in Friday.  I was super sad to miss it, even if my excuse was a good one.  I loved getting a video from Brennon, cheering his little brother on.

Official: 2-miles in 14'51.  

When they were making teams, Tyson was placed in the lowest group because this is his first time ever doing cross country.  He approached his coach and asked if he would consider advancing him to the middle group so he could run with his friend.  I love that he advocated with for himself, knowing what he wanted and going for it even though it was a little scary.  He said he almost regrets asking, because the running is more intense than he has ever done, but it's worth it to run with a friend.

When he was telling us about the run and how exhausted he was after, I mentioned how Kyle was going to make him a better runner.  "Oh, I know!  I would have slowed down a million times during that race.  But I wanted to run with him."  I can't wait to see what this season brings for my Ty!

No comments:

Post a Comment