The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, September 7, 2024

Bookends

 Randy surprised me with Casper after the Sealing.  We had it all planned to go with Kimberly on the 3rd, but with Randy being laid off and all the stress that comes with trying to save money in that limbo, we cancelled our KOA reservation and stayed home.  I was super sad, but understood our Why.  So when he said we were going to go home via Casper-- an out-of-the-way trip of 12 hours-- I was super excited.

The red dot is our first home, the blue at the bottom of the screen is the location of the temple.  .7 mile!  Although we didn't know it at the time, it feels a little like I took that house for granted being so close to the temple.
It looks so much bigger outside than it does inside.  Having spent the last 12 years attending and working in a "mini temple," this one surprised me by being even smaller.  Columbia River has 16,880 sq. ft, Casper has 9,950 sq. ft.  Even so, it felt like the most special palace on the planet at that moment.  Obviously, I believe temples are important, but I prayed for this temple for many years (when I lived in Casper, and when we moved away), and just felt immense joy standing inside the walls-- FINALLY!
I got to bookend my day going into two temples I've never been to before, holding the hand of my Love, and just feeling so, so grateful.  It was definitely a red-letter day!

Thursday: 9 hours driving.  Friday: 7:45am-11:45pm, 3-hours of which were not driving.  Saturday: 12 hours driving.  Worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment