The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, September 14, 2024

Hermiston XC

Tyson had his second Cross Country meet today.  His last meet was a 2-miler, this was his first (ever) 5K meet.

I didn't know what to expect, but I know I completely underestimated my son!  Remember, he ran his first solid mile in late June, and started running 2+ miles at practice at the end of August.  Here we are a mere three weeks later, and Randy and I watched as he crossed the Finish Line in only 24:05.  He said he got a pretty bad side stitch and had to walk for about 10 seconds, otherwise he would have been sub 24:00!

This is Kyle.  They met in Libby Middle School the year Tyson chose to go back to school in person.  They haven't been super close, until Cross Country.  Since then, Kyle has asked Tyson to go for runs, and spent every practice with him.  Tyson enjoys the friendship, but also enjoys the "encouragement" from Kyle to keep up.  He's better because of his friend.
Kyle: "If it is alright with you, I'm going to just remember your name as 'Tyson's mom.'"

I'm the luckiest girl in the world.  I am forever grateful to be known as "Caden's mom," "Keilie's mom," "Shelby's mom," "Brennon's mom," and "Tyson's mom."  I'm living my best life.  This is all I ever wanted to be when I grew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment