Sometimes my loyalty to objects is ridiculous, I know that. When I find something that I love, I keep it forever. Or until it is dead or irreparably damaged. When moving into this house eight years ago, this clock went missing. I was so sad, thinking someone had accidentally dropped and broke it and just forgot to tell me. A week later, a friend dropped it off, saying it had been stashed behind the seats in his truck. I was OVERJOYED!! I've had this clock since 2008, moving it from the Casper House to the Bar Nunn House to the Washington Rental, to 2701, to 1401, and now to 1307. That's a lot of moves!
"Steph, I've got some bad news. Your clock fell off the wall and broke in the middle of the night." I'm telling you, it was a major blow, the worst way to start a day! Randy, seeing my sadness, did what he does best-- got to work making my dreams a reality.
An entire day of gluing, putty, sanding, and painting. He put in more hours fixing that clock than it was worth 17 years ago, let alone now, but he did it for me. Not only that, he upgraded the back so it would hang more securely. Where some would offer to buy me a new one, my Mister gave me the gift of his time to give me back what I already loved. He is the best thing that has ever happened in my entire life. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment