Not only did Tyson PR in the 100m dash, he also double PR'd in Pole Vault. The last I heard, I was hoping to clear 8'. Today, I watched him clear 8' AND 8'6"!! He can tell you all the ways his form is bad, but I don't see it. All I see is my boy flying in the air by way of a bendy stick and clearing a bar that is majorly off the ground!
8'6"
Tyson: "When I saw you, I knew I needed to PR." Be still, my heart.I didn't get a picture of the 100m dash because I was recording it. But I did get this announcement that he was up next.
Tyson: "When I saw you, I knew I needed to PR." Be still, my heart.I didn't get a picture of the 100m dash because I was recording it. But I did get this announcement that he was up next.
One of the neatest things that I witnessed, aside from my son triple PRing, is Tyson offering his jumping spikes to a teammate and then a COMPETITOR offering his running spikes to Tyson for the 100m dash. I later asked Tyson if he knew the kids that loaned him shoes-- nope. I love that kind of sportmanship. Tyson: "That's one thing I really love about track & field and cross country-- really great friends are made as we encourage each other to do and become our best." I couldn't agree more.
(Side note: I actually felt queasy in my stomach as I watched Porter put on Tyson's warm shoes. Inspirational, sure, but also-- warm, used shoes...)
No comments:
Post a Comment