The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Nuggle

I saw an idea that I've implemented in our home that has made bedtime a little bit funner in our home.  Our kids go to bed great (always have) so this was simply to make it funner for them, not easier for me.  If they're the first one in bed, they get a secret.  It's now turned into them all running to bed, racing to be the first, so they all get a secret.  They LOVE it.  And so do I:)  So, as I was racing to get the boys into bed for naps, thinking the whole time of all the stuff I wanted to get done, I quickly gave them their secret and hurried from the room.  As I was shutting the door, Ty burst into tears saying he wanted to give me a secret.  I hurried to his side, hoping he'd hurry so I could get my stuff completed within their nap hour.  I bent my head to his lips and waited.  "Mommy, I love you.  I want to nuggle."  As he was saying this, he reached his arms up around my neck, pulled me down to his lips and kissed my cheek.  All chores were forgotten as I climbed under his covers and napped with my son.  It's times like this one that I'm grateful to be a stay at home mom that can do the dishes when they are in bed for the night.  Or not at all!

Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing and make up a bed.
Sew on a button and butter the bread.
Oh where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
and out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet. It makes up for all the terrible two stuff they do, huh? ;) And I've always loved that poem. I need to mind it more often!

    ReplyDelete