The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~
Monday, December 31, 2012
End of 2012
The last day of 2012 was a busy one for me. I helped clean an enormously beautiful house of a girl that is moving out of our ward. It was so fun to see the decorations arrangements of such a huge house. I love that! I also love when people leave their curtains open at night. I love to look in and see how they decorate. Does that count as a Peeping Tom when I'm looking at picture arrangements, not people? Not in my opinion. If yours is different, you better close your blinds:) Anywhooo... After that I went to a RS Presidency meeting. As I was walking out, they asked what we had planned for New Year's Eve. "Um... Go to bed early!" It was then and there that we were invited to a party. I wasn't phishing for an invite, but receive one I did! I immediately went to Walmart to purchase ingredients for all of the fun food I've wanted to make all season, but couldn't because I would have been the only one eating them. Talk about Holiday Weight Gain!!! So, when I came home with 6 appetizers I wanted to make, Randy about had a cow. There was no talking me out of it, I was loaded and ready to go. It turned out to be one of the funnest parties we've been to in a long time. We didn't know any of the other people they invited, but it didn't matter. They were all super nice and welcoming. It really wouldn't have mattered if they invited people from our own ward, we don't know many of them either. It was the biggest house I've been in (even bigger than the cleaning that morning) and was decorated like Martha Stewart's. Who doesn't love a winding stair case that transcends up four levels to the top most library nook? We got ideas for our own moulding wants and might have even drooled over their kitchen. Come on, two dishwashers?! I die! At the stroke of midnight, there were 37 people blowing the noise makers while 100 poppers went off and two bags of confetti/glitter were thrown all over. We danced, screamed, kissed, and laughed as the New Years song was rang out in New York (9:00PM our time.) Tyson covered his ears, Brennon complained it was too loud, and I just laughed and blew a noisemaker in their tear-streaked faces! Yep, I'm that kind of mom. The food was great, the house was awesome, the games were fun (mostly because I won every one of them played!) and the New Year was rung in with style. I'd say that it was a better plan than we originally had. A warm heart-felt THANKS to Dr. Kimball & Marianne Larsen. It was a party to compare all parties to! I aspire to have one just like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok, first of all, I love it when people leave their windows open at night too! I love looking in to see layouts and decorations. I must seem so creepy. :) And second of all, I was just thinking right before I moved (and I was busy doing all of the dishes so we could pack clean ones) that my dream home would ABSOLUTELY have two dishwashers! One on each side of the sink! Glad you had a fun New Year's party. Wish we could have spent it together!
ReplyDelete