The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Healed

While eating lunch today, Shelby and Brennon were playing around (surprise, surprise.)  Shelby was "teaching" him that if you stop breathing, you die.  I told her that sometimes you don't always die if you stop breathing, sometimes people are at a place where there are tools used to bring you back to life.  I told her that her Grandpa Burrell had stopped breathing once (really it was three times) and the doctors were able to make him breathe again.  She made a joke that only she and Brennon laughed at and the conversation was over.  Or so I thought.  Tonight while tucking her into her covers, she looked at me and said, "Mom, I know who really healed Grandpa Burrell.  It was Jesus."  My heart burned from her simple little statement.  How lucky I am that she's mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment