The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Early Morning Breakfast

So, we've moved over into our new house. It was so nice only having to move 5 houses away!!  Not to say that it is all done, but it was easier than the move we made from Wyoming to Washington just 3 months ago.  I love that we were able to roll the metal garage shelving on our furniture dollies down the street so we didn't have to take them apart:)  Randy is a genius!  Since we didn't get our keys until it was almost dark on Valentine's day, we made an initial haul that night and then made the big push on Friday.  Saturday morning we didn't have a clue where anything was, so I packed up the kids and headed to Winco for doughnuts.  While in line at 7:15 AM with a dozen doughnuts, a man asked me in an incredulous voice, "Who eats doughnuts this early in the morning?"  With eyes raised at his weird questions, I said, "Um... my kids!"  wondering "who doesn't eat doughnuts in the morning?"  And, if they don't, when do they think it's acceptable?  Then my eyes traveled to his grocery load.  BEER!  He was buying a case of BEER at 7:15 AM and thought my purchase was weird.  And then I realized, he must have already been drunk:)  For the record, I think any purchase of beer is too early!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, you always crack me up! Love it! And yeah on buying your house!!! Hope you guys get settled in soon. Wish I could help. It was fun to text last night:)

    ReplyDelete