The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Warts

Remember the episode in my life where I had planter warts on the bottom of my foot that plagued me for 6 months?  Each night I took an hour pealing off the layer of acid I put on the night before, plus some of my actual foot.  It was quite painful!  And embarrasing.  And painful!  A couple months later, Caden complained about one on the ball of his foot. We went in and had the most simple procedure of them painting on some "beetlejuice" on the wart and then it took care of itself.  I promised myself that I would always go that route when one "popped up" in our family (had to show my lame side there, didn't I?)  It was so easy.  Painless!  Well, a week ago, Brennon complained about his big toe hurting.  It was a HUGE wart!!  So, I made an appointment with a dermatologist hoping to convince them to do the same thing.  They have "other procedures."  Either they scrape off the top and inject meds or they cut it out.  Um, why don't they have the easy way?  So, they put a little numbing gel on his toe while we waited in the small room with expensive equipment every.where for an HOUR while it numbed.  The kids were good, but BORED!  Brennon asked why they didn't have toys.  Um, yeah, why don't you have a few at least?  Then the doctor came in and tried to be funny, but his assistant just made it uncomfortable.  They did not have a good relationship, so she'd roll her eyes at everything and pretty much mock him while he worked.  They they started to scrape the wart.  Brennon was saying that it hurt, to which their reply was, "No it doesn't.  This doesn't hurt."  I wanted to scream, "HECK YES that hurts!!"  I was trying to comfort him without saying out loud that these psychos were trying to help.  Then, the arguing began between Dr. and assistant about which size bandaid they should put on.  HELLO!  Get me out of here.  I don't care about that stupid bandaid.  Just let me leave so I can find a new Dr.  Hopefully one that will have beetlejuice!  What a nightmare.  Brennon asked for us to never go back.  I was glad to say, "That's one promise I can make that I have no chance of breaking!!"  There's something to be said about working relationships.  Maybe that's why Randy and I work so well.  We just don't argue!  Or I just do it all:)  Just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment