I have never given much stock to the "prophesy" that comes from the fortune cookie. I always read them, but I never think about them as the Gospel truth. I usually even roll my eyes at the "wisdom" of them. Today is my friend Jamie's birthday. We were able to sneak away for an hour and a half to talk about whatever we wanted, without the interjections from either of our kids. It was nice, especially since we got to go to a "grownup" restaurant- PF Chang. Awesome! We had been talking about how right before we left, Randy and I were going over our finances. We haven't been very good about watching our money since we moved here. If we want it, we get it, and that's that. Things are going fine, but we both know we need to reign in our wants/spending from here on out or we won't have anything to show after all of Randy's hard work. We're not a tit-for-tat couple, but we both know we need to do better. So, when my fortune cookie spewed forth this,
"Your financial situation will soon be improving. Use your money wisely."
I thought, "Hey, maybe those Chinese seers really know what they're talking about!"
No comments:
Post a Comment