Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Hogle Zoo
I'm glad we got a group shot here, since we'd forgotten to get one any other place we'd been. It would have been fun to get one at the Discovery Gateway to see how much the kids have changed since January. The little girl in the background wanted to be in this photo. She saw that we were gathering around the ball and took that exact moment to come and touch it. So glad our photographer, Randy, came along for the journey!
Look at those cute little ducks following the Daddy duck. Caden chose this day to go with Aunt Brooke. Still a fun day, even without the help of our most mature kid!
I was so sad to realize that Shelby was the only girl not in purple! Kimberly has taught me to match the kids when she goes places. This way she only has to look for one color of shirt to find her kids. I did that as much as possible this trip, but failed the one time all of the girls could have matched. The boys even matched this time!!! Which one doesn't belong?!
I couldn't resist a shot from above of them looking at baby Suri. We saw her when she was just a few weeks old. She's still little, but has grown a TON since we saw her last.
It was fun to see her reaching for those weeds!! She used her trunk in such a cool way. She'd wrap the weeds in the fold of her trunk and then twist again to secure them. It was so fun to watch!
Shelby
Kennedy
Keilie
Brennon
Jonathan
Tyson
Hailey
We got to see a Peacock strutting his stuff. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the front, but he didn't care what I wanted. There was a female close by that he wanted to impress more than me. Kimberly made the comment that she wished it was the men of our species that got all gussied up to impress the women. I couldn't agree with her more!!
This little boy got sunscreen in his eyes the first second of the day. Just like the last time we came here!!! He cried for a good OUR AND A HALF!!! I got it in my eyes too. Don't think it didn't hurt, but man, he didn't have to cry for that long. After 10-15 minutes of continuous tears streaming from my eyes, I was better. He just needed some attention I guess! Funny picture, huh!
I have a cute birthday buddy!!!
I think Keilie about passed out from seeing this cute little guy. She is so in love with animals. She begged me to take a picture of him. I found no less than 15 of the same pose on the camera. Had to make sure it made it in our blog book for her to swoon over later!
These little monkeys are made out of Leggos. They were an exhibit the zoo had going on all over the place. There are more Leggos in one monkey than there are of the entire species. She told the kids that they could help conserve if they made sure to write on both sides of their paper and not waste as much. I can't believe how few there are of them in the world. Opened my eyes!
Had to laugh at this giraffe licking this pole. It didn't look like it was anything special, but that blue tongue was going at it. Man, they are so HUGE!!!
Another Leggo display. Beautiful, isn't it?!
Two cuties next to the otters. This was the funnest exhibit for the kids. The swimmers were at their eye level and graced us with a show. They would come and swim directly next to the glass. Little Taybree was squealing with delight. It was super fun!
You could tell this Polar Bear was anxious about something! It was probably almost feeding time. We all know how anxiety strikes when hunger is involved!
The best group shot I could get. After we left, and decided that we felt better than we thought we would, we decided to drive to the Ogden Temple to see the renovations. I didn't realize it was going to be this big!!
Word on the street is it will be open at the first of the new year. I can't wait to see it complete!!!
We didn't think it was that hot, but Tyson came straight in to this gem. It was a seriously nice place to be when you were hotter than hades!
Again, the kids had such a good time. There was a ton of crying throughout the day, but none of it was the kids arguing. After a full 3.5 days of 24 hour contact, it couldn't have turned out any better. They enjoyed each other just about as much as I enjoyed Kimberly being with me! It was sad to say goodbye not knowing when we'd get together again, but one thing is for sure...we will get together again! And that made it just a little easier to let them go!
That little Brennon is just so stinking cute!
ReplyDelete