Sometimes I can be a really cool mom. I find ways to make my kids have as much fun as they can. I make them fun foods, take them to places they love, and do things with them that are traditions I love and hope they love too. However, I'm a mean mom, too. Here's an example...
On the night before Danielle's wedding, we got all of the girls together for a Pedicure night. Things didn't work out as we thought, so we all gathered around and painted our own toes. I didn't want Keilie and Shelby to think they could get a true pedicure from Natalie, so I painted their nails beforehand. So, when they noticed that we were all doing our nails, Shelby asked if she could do mine. I thanked her for her generous offer, but said no. I had family pictures the next day and wanted everything to be perfect. I hate that about myself sometimes. That I can be so uptight about something that is really no big deal in the scheme of this life. But, I can't change it, either. So, she went around to all of the other girls at the part and asked. Megan, bless her heart, said yes!
And Shelby painted.
And I felt like a bad mom for saying no to something so dumb.
And painted my own toes with a heavy heart, vowing to do better next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment