The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, February 22, 2015

60 Minutes

I gave Randy a booklet of Valentine's coupons for massages of varying times.  At the time of writing them, I wavered over the decision to give him a 60-minute coupon.  A full hour of massaging, could I really do it?  As I wrote the time, I actually dreaded the decision.  Last night, I bit the bullet.

Randy and I have always been pretty easy to please, when it comes to dates.  We have never had to make extravagant date plans.  When we lived in Houston, the poorest we have ever been, it was enough for us to play one hand of Skip-Bo and call it a date.  Over the years, we have acquired more money than our Houston days, but we still view our time spent together as dating.  Any minute I get to spend with this man brings happiness to my heart, and giddiness to my countenance.  He makes me happy.

With that said, we have been trying to get out of the house a bit more and have had a trouble finding something to do.  The last two dates, Caden has babysat downstairs, while we spend time in our room with take-out and Redbox.  Not wanting to do that again, I suggested we get a few supplies from Walmart for Randy to get a night of pampering.  He was all for it.  We got some facial stuff and headed back to our room.

I started the hour of massage washing his hair.  One of his favorite things when getting his hair cut is the head massage.  If he finds someone that will give him a massage, he'll continue going back to them, tipping them well.  I took my time digging my fingers into his scalp, enjoying the peaceful look on his handsome face as he laid on our bathroom counter.  I do no like wet hands, so when he asked for conditioner, too, I readily agreed.  Anything for the man of my dreams. 

Next I gave him a facial, trying my hardest to make my hands slow as I rubbed the stress of the last few weeks from his mind.  As I was working, watching my movements in the mirror, I was stuck by how much I loved doing this for him.  This is something that I can give of myself that I will never give to anyone else.  Something that is only for him.  I poured all of my love into my hands as I massaged his head, face, heels, arms, and back.  I felt peace without being the one that actually received the massage.

Within the first few months of being married, I was assigned to Visit and Teach to a sister that had been married a few weeks after us.  I remember sitting in her front room, asking her if she thought marriage was as wonderful as I thought.  Her response surprised me.  "It's ok."  'Ok'?  That's it?!  Ok?  I was reeling.  Marriage was the best thing ever, back then.  I am happy to say that after 14.5 years, it is even more perfect.  I consider myself the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment