I thought this would be a good way to do her hair, since no one wants to wait for a girl to get her hair dried after the baptism. It looked ok after, but I do wish I had gone with a French braid, instead. Oh well, she looked gorgeous either way!
While waiting for another baptism to end, we quickly got a picture of all of us. I wish we would have thought to get one of all of our extended family. It was nice to have both sets of Grandparents and Uncle Ryan and Aunt Sherry. And cousin Payton was a fun surprise for Shelby.
As I was getting everything ready for the moment she walked from the water, I was struck with such happiness for this beautiful event. Shelby was the baby that came after two heartbreaking miscarriages. Shelby's baptism came one year to the day of the most awful thing that has ever happened to any of our family. She is my beauty after the heartbreak. She is my amazing blessing.







No comments:
Post a Comment