I can't believe that my little Brennon is seven. I can't say today, because it really is tomorrow. Except that his birthday is not March 1, either.
So I guess that I'll just say that he is 1 3/4.
The joys of a Leap Day baby!
This is the first year that Brennon understands that he doesn't have a "birthday" each year. He came down holding Shelby's brand new calendar that she got for Christmas. With confusion, he asked when his birthday was again?! After hearing that it was February 29, he held up the calendar, and while shaking it to make his point, said, "This calendar is wrong. It doesn't have a February 29!" We have told him many times, this is just the first year he understands. I told him he had his dad to thank for it.
Then, when he thought about it so more, he said it was pretty cool that he was only 1 3/4 this year. I didn't realize he would think it was cool. So, again, I told him that he had his dad to thank for the fun birthday. For now, we are celebrating it on the last day of February (because that is when it actually is) and the day after February 28 (again, because that's when it is). Because, in this house, when you don't have an actual birthday, you are going to get compensated handsomely!
Happy Seventh Birthday, B-Boy!
Or 1 3/4!
Whichever you choose!



These pictures of Brennon look so good. He's a handsome kid!
ReplyDelete