The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Animals

It has been my month to teach preschool this month. This week we learned about animals. Since there are many opportunities to talk about animals, I thought it would be fun to actually see some. Tuesday we went to PetCo and stayed for an hour just looking. It was SO much fun watching them get excited about every.single.thing. 

Since there weren't any dogs or cats there, I decided to take them to the Humane Society for some feline/pooch action. But before that, a little birdie told me there were baby chicks at Ranch and Home (I could help myself on that one. Get it? Birdie. Chicks. *cough* Moving on).
*Squeal*

So many fluff balls!!
They're so fluffy!!
Randy was trying to convince the kids that the pecks didn't hurt. 
They went crazy with my wedding ring. 
Cassidy was the first brave one. The only girl in the class was the first one to stick her hand in. Girl Power!!
And then Austin. He's a year and a day younger than Tyson. He didn't even flinch when they pecked him!

I never got a picture of Ty doing it. He would only put his hand in if all the chicks were preoccupied;)

We stayed for about 15 minutes then headed for the dogs. Truth be told: I want a duck. 

The dogs were all yappy.  One was downright scary. It would have eaten these kids in one bite, had it been given the chance. We didn't stay long. 

And yes, Tyson told them the story of the dog that got a little too frisky. He stopped short of saying it ate his ear, though. Good boy!
The cats, however, were another experience all together. Not a single noise. This one let three little kids pet her. Three hands that could easily hurt. They touched her back, head, tail, whiskers, and paws- all while she purred at their attention. We played with this cat for 15 minutes alone, enjoying the chance to give some lovin. It was fun. 

I love preschool. I'm also a teensy bit happy that next week is my last week ever. Kids are so fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment