The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Shark

A couple weeks before we put our Bar Nunn house on the market, I purchased a new vacuum.  I had vacuumed our front room with my Dyson in preparation to use our new carpet cleaner.  However, with the carpet cleaner, I sucked up enough hair to make a little-dog sized pile of pet hair (remember our beagle, Bella?).  I was DIS.GUS.TED!!  I went out as soon as I was done with the carpet cleaning and purchased a vacuum- I was DONE with my Dyson!  I got a Shark Navigator and LOVED it from day one.  Oh the carpet lines....

A few days ago, Caden noticed that there was a break in the hose.  I was so sad!!  I was prepared to walk into Target (the place I bought my last one) and purchase the same thing.  Randy was with me, which can be a bad thing sometimes.  I like to grab what I want and go.  He likes to shop.  Our roles are reversed in that aspect.  In this case, however, it was a very good thing he went with me.  We were still under warranty.  Or so we thought.

Since I had purchased my Shark within the last five years, he made a call to customer service.  They were great to work with, but the part that was busted was not one that was under warranty.  Dang it.  We could send it back to them to fix, being without a vacuum for 4-6 weeks, but only having to pay shipping.  Or, we could purchase a new vacuum straight from the factory for 60% off.  I lept with excitement.  I was prepared to purchase a brand new one at Target and pay full price!!  So, we ordered a brand-spankin' new vacuum for $50, the vacuum of my old-lady dreams, and I was once again a happy woman.  Oh carpet lines, how I have missed you!

That didn't stop Randy from having me help him repair our old one.  He took 30 minutes with electric tape, string, screwdriver, and scissors trying to fix it.  And when that didn't work like he wanted, liquid tape did the trick.  It's not perfect, but it works alright...ish.

My new vacuum arrived today, just 5 days since we ordered it!  New.  Shiny.  I have been vacuuming like a mad woman.  I LOVE vacuuming!!  It is my favorite chore, by far.  I love the instant clean feel that comes from vacuuming!!  My load is lighter today.  *Squeal* Carpet lines!!!
Caden made me a boxtroll of my very own. I love my kids!!

1 comment:

  1. Love carpet lines!!! I still need to get Danen to call and do the same thing for ours.

    ReplyDelete