The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Disney World

I was contacted again by a Make-A-Wish representative, asking if they could use our story- including our picture, Caden's name, age, and diagnosis- in a Power Point Presentation for Disney World.  I don't think there could ever be a time that I would not consent to letting them use anything that they needed to further their organization's needs.  We owe some of our happiest memories to both of them- Make-A-Wish and Disney World.  I feel such honor that they cherish The Boy in the Bed's journey as much as I do.

Randy asked if I was disappointed that I hadn't kept the banner.  If you'll remember, there were a few huffy breaths ("hhhhhhhhhhhh") when I remembered that this was the one picture I wanted to capture.  This banner's purpose ended as soon as this picture was captured.  Like so many things with cancer care, once it is done, I want to get rid of it and move on.  It was as much as a relief to see that banner being crumped as it was to see the last bag of chemo removed from the IV pole.  It had done what it was supposed to do- and now it was trash.

Caden was helping Keilie fill out a questionnaire for Girl's Camp.  "What is your favorite memory?"  Keilie was thinking for a bit on the question, when Caden (in an exasperated voice) said, "UM? Disney World?!?!"  To which Keilie spit back, "I was trying to think of just one!!"  There are so many happy memories because of Make-A-Wish.  They changed our lives.  For Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment