The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Best

We're getting closer to Brennon and Caden testing for Yellow belt. Randy asked Caden if he felt ready. Caden said he's ready but he's not sure he wants to this soon. We were a bit stunned to hear this, until he gave his reasoning. 

"I am the best one in the class right now. I wish I could enjoy it just a bit longer."

I understand that. He's been in the class for one month. He's the oldest, strongest, and most mature, so it was bound to happen, but he likes being the one that gets called on as the example. I understand wanting to live in the spotlight as long as possible. 

It is a privilege to watch his physical strength return. He still struggles to do more than a few sit ups (heck, I do too, and I have never had my core muscles cut through) but he is stronger day-by-day. He was so excited to tell me that he could climb the hanging rope at the gym on Saturday, when just four months ago he couldn't. 

But one thing we all know about Caden, he will always rise to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment