The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Goosebumps

Not only do we have a store that still rents DVD's on the cheap, but it is a Hasting's. Oh, yeah, we are so retro! I think that means "old," but "cool."

Yesterday I was in the mood for an oldie. I didn't really know what I wanted to watch, but I knew it needed to be something that I hadn't seen in a while. Tyson came along for the ride. Mostly because he can't stay home by himself, which is what he wanted to do when I suggested a ride. 

While I was browsing Comedies, Tyson was browsing Family & Children and ended up finding the one. Goosebumps. I knew that he had seen an episode on Netflix with his siblings, so if it was something he still wanted to see, more power to him. I don't do any kind of scary, so I didn't really understand his interest, but he was adamant that that was what he wanted, so it was added to my How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days. 

When we got home, Ty sat down to watch his show, I sat down to read. He put it in the Blu-Ray player that only plays DVD's for some reason, and came to sit next to me. Well, on me, really. I figured he would hide his face sometime during the show, but was amazed to find him hiding his face during the beginning credits. A ghost-like G floats up to a front door, the G that is Goosebumps. He kept peeking to see when the "previews" (as he calls them) ended. And then he watched the show without another worry. My son was more afraid of the beginning credits than anything else. Granted, it's a kid's scary flick, but still. 
So, he watched his scary movie while I read my good book. Lazy days of childhood are perfect!

My show was fun. Thanks for askin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment