The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Laps and Hands

So, remember the rivalry between my boys?  Here's another one.  You'd think I had learned my lesson, by now!!

Before Sacrament meeting began on Sunday, Tyson was making his way over, to sit on my lap.  Wanting to have my own space, I told him that no one would be able to sit on my lap.  He went over to Randy.  About a half hour into the meeting, Randy reached over for my hand- love that gesture.  He still does it for me, after all these years.  By this time, the air conditioning in the room made it a balmy 30 degrees, so I asked Brennon to sit on my lap to keep me warm.  While adjusting him on my lap, Randy pulled his hand back and continued to listen to the speakers.  Tyson extended his hand to hold mine, but it was too difficult to keep holding it.  He held Randy's.  Brennon held mine.

At the end of the meeting, I thanked Brennon for keeping me warm.  His reply, "Yeah, I only did it so Tyson wouldn't be able to."

So much for thinking my son still loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment